Thursday, March 24, 2011

keeping track of supplies


Hi everyone,

When you're a compulsive collector like me, it's no surprise that it extends to your hobby. In my case, it's everything that has to do with arts and crafts. But you accumulate so much paper, stamps, markers and all kinds of fun and colorful goodies... and then you lose track of it all. Then you buy duplicates and feel stupid for doing so... you give some away ...  Does that sound familiar?! 

One of my fav things to do is, without a doubt, organizing my craft room and my supplies.  I've been wanting to start this project for a couple of years now but always put it off because there were always more pressing matters to attend. Well, I cracked last week. I did it! I've started my Little Inventory Book of Arts & Crafts Supplies. And I love it so much!


The base of my book is a Sara Binder from Hot Off the Press. It's a small raw chipboard 3-ring binder. I painted the spine and sides with a Ranger Dauber and covered the top, bottom and inside covers with old Basic Grey patterned paper (gotta use your stash!).


The chipboard letters were also painted with a dauber then covered with Crystal Effects. The flower next to the title was put there to cover up a stain -- it wasn't my intention to have something there. The Sara Binder system also has dividers, ruled sheets, plain sheets and envelopes. I used my label maker to type the names of the dividers.


Here's an example of one of the items I keep track of. Oooooh, aren't those colors pretty?

I love my little book and it's small enough to fit in my purse. I took it for a test drive today and bought one bottle of Stickles and 2 bottles of Liquid Pearls that were missing to complete my collection. Love it!!! And I'm always referring to the embossing section to see which powder I'm going to use since I know exactly how it's going to look like by looking at my swatches.

It's a work in progress and when it's all done, I'll do a show-&-tell video. Stay tuned!


Have a nice stampin' day !!!



1 comment:

Stephanie Pezolet said...

I am always so impressed by how organised you are CeeCee! Your binder idea is incredibly smart and cute and useful!!!