Thursday, March 10, 2011

Card for a Friend


Hi everyone,

Once in a while, you make a card that you're really proud of.  I really like to make cards with a white background --  I don't do it often enough.


The starting point was to white emboss the script image (Tim Holtz "Shabby French") on watercolor paper. Then I added blobs of Distress ink in Bundled Sage on an acrylic stamping block, spritzed it with water and stamped over my whole piece of watercolor paper. I love that effect. 


The leaves and butterfly (Stampin' Up!'s Great Friend stamp set) were stamped using a mix of Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint and Wild Honey and some water. Another great effect! I saw this technique on the Hero Arts website this week. The stamped sentiment is also from Great Friend.


Here's a close-up of the butterfly. Because the butterfly a little lost amidst the leaves and background, I took a marker and went around it. I also added some pearls for a softer look. 

Have a nice stampin' day !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I just watched that video last night! Your card is stunning!! Do you think we could try the technique with the SU! inks? I was thinking about giving it a go, but didn't know if it would work.

Great card, CeeCee!

Cindy Major said...

Gorgeous card! I love the artsy feel to it :)