Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sweet Treat Thursday -- Glass Flower Candy Bag

Sweet Treat Thursdays are all about food -- our other favorite topic -- and features ways to embellish/wrap/present something edible. CAUTION: May be hazardous to your waistline!

Hi everyone,

Those who know are well aware that I'm a candy addict -- true enough! I'm blessed (or cursed) with having a Lindt Chocolates store near my place. For the spring/summer season, they brought in those wonderful Italian fruity candies. And believe it or not, the candy wrappers were my inspiration for today's project.

The wrappers look so vintage and I knew I had to try out yet another flower technique (I love 'em, love 'em). The candies were put in a Medium Cellophane Bag. I closed the bag with a piece of satin ribbon (sorry... not SU) that matched my flower. The tiny tag hanging from the flower is from the Tiny Tags Stamp Set and punched out with the Tiny Tag Punch.

Here's a close up of the flower. It really looks like it's made out of porcelain. The petals are punched with various punches and then molded and creased so that they look 3-D. Then each are dunked into a melting pot full of Glassy Glaze Enamel EP. The heat from the melting pot gives a transparency to the cardstock (here, I've used Ruby Red and Blush Blossom, two retiring SU colors come June 30th). They're a bit tricky to make and I'll have a video up on this technique when I return from vacation in a few week. I love the look and I can't wait to experiment with other colors and maybe add a bit of bling.

Have a nice stampin' day! CeeCee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the flowers! Do you think I could get something quite similar with cristal effects (a few coats...)?