Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sweet Treat Thursday -- Tropical Chocolates Meet Color Throwdown Challenge #90

Sweet Treat Thursdays are all about food -- our other favorite topic -- and features ways to embellish/wrap/present something edible. CAUTION: May be hazardous to your waistline!


Hi everyone,

Today's project is inspired by another challenge. Although I missed the deadline for submitting my project to the challenge, I decided to play with the Color Throwdown #90 anyways where we have to use the following colors:

The colors were also dictated by the chocolates I bought. I used the Island Floral Bigz Die from the new Summer Mini Catalogue to make the flower. Each layer is spritzed with my homemade shimmer mist using Champagne Shimmer Paint and Rubbing Alcohol. It also makes it easier to curl the petals when it's still a bit wet from the mist.


The bag is a medium-sized cello and is topped by a Top Note Bigz die-cut. I also added some green beads in the middle of the flower.

The following is what happens when I decide to play with the lighting levels of my picture with Photoshop, just for funsies! I wanted to highlight the shimmer -- it's kinda yummy though...


Have a nice stampin' day! CeeCee

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Really beautiful packaging idea! Thanks for sharing :D