Friday, May 28, 2010

Sparkly Fun Friday -- It's a Mini Mouse Birthday!

Sparkly Fun Fridays features a sparkly or glittery project using shimmer paints, embossing powders, glitters, rhinestones... anything shiny to welcome the weekend in a fun way!!!

Hi everyone,

Here's a card I made for a customer of mine. This time, the theme was a Minnie-ish 4th birthday card... I don't have a Minnie Mouse stamp, neither did I was to invest in one. So I drew it! Well, traced it is more like it (because of lack of time) and then I colored the image with my Copic markers.

I wanted to add as much glitter as possible without it being too busy, since the paper is way too busy for my taste. I hate how sometimes the pictures don't do justice to the glitter and glossiness but the darker elements on the paper are glossy and Minnie's hat, apron and the icing on the cake are all glittered with Stampin' Up!'s Dazzling Diamonds. Hmmm.... and my purple came out a little black on the photo as well.

The picture below gives you a better idea of the glossy accents on the DSP and is truer to the colors... And to think that the color scheme was dictated by a failed attempt at participating to Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge Combo #2. The colors to be used were purple, blue, light blue, sun yellow, celery green and white. For the life of me, I couldn't work the yellow in there. So, I'll have to make another attempt at it -- just not with this card!



That's it for this Sparkly Fun Friday. Gen and I are off to the Stampin' Girls Convention in Ottawa and I hope to see some of our fellow Demos out there. If you're going, come and say hi!

Have a nice stampin' day! CeeCee

2 comments:

Marie-Claude Bastien said...

have fun at your convention, girls!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the sparkle of this card!!! Super super cute!!!