Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Whatever Challenge Wednesday -- Travel Mini Album Meets 2S4Y

Whatever Challenge Wednesdays features a challenge from the blogosphere, chosen randomly. Here's our pick for this week:



Hi everyone, This week we're playing with 2Sketches4You again, but this time instead of making a card I've decided to make a mini-album for my recent vacation to Florida. Basically, I've used this sketch...

...as inspiration for the cover of my mini.



The mini's base is the new Briefcase On Board Book from Stampin' Up! which I first painted in white. Then I covered every single page with the new Island Oasis DSP, again from SU. It's a work in progress since I've only had time to complete the cover (it's 4:30 a.m. and I must go to sleep).

I used a belt buckle from a retired Hodgepodge Hardware kit and ribbon for the fake strap around the suitcase.

The focal point is stamped with the new Tropical Party stamp set and I've added a water line with my Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink Pad and a sponge dauber.

I'm thinking of adding some type of decoration on the rings and the whole album will have interactive pages with pockets and tags and such. Fun fun! I'll do a show&tell when I'm done the inside pages.

Have a nice stampin' day! CeeCee

10 comments:

Cindy Major said...

Wow, you did a great job, Catherine! It looks SUPER cute! Love how you did the ribbon on the front :D

Laura Davis said...

AWESOME!!! I love it :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Stephanie Pezolet said...

I love the cover! Can't wait to see the inside pages :D

Sylvia said...

This is wonderful! I have been wanting to see how someone used this album! Great job!

Joanne said...

I am so happy that you shared this, because I didn't even realize what that product was until you mentioned it & then I looked in the mini & saw it!
Thanks for sharing!

cnelson said...

wowzers! oh sooooooo fantabulous!

Diane Jaquay said...

Absolutely AWESOME!!! Congratulations on your win this week at 2S4Y!!

Rianne said...

Beautiful mini album!

Rose said...

Awesome project CeeCee! Congrats to you on Card of the Week! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y :)

rosey of nyc said...

what a great mini book i love to give those instead of postcards thanks for a great idea.