Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sweet Treat Thursdays -- Easter Bunny Treat Bag

Sweet Treat Thursdays are all about food -- our other favorite topic -- and features ways to embellish/wrap/present something edible. CAUTION: May be hazardous to your waistline!


Hi everyone,

Easter is coming up fast and I've got a treat bag idea for you! My friend Angelle gave me this bag a few weeks ago because I won't be seeing her at Easter. I was so happy with the concept that I decided to CASE it.

Here's my version of the Easter Bunny Treat Bag (my apologies for bad lighting on these pictures):

Hee-hee-hee! Isn't she cute?! The whole project relies on a lunch bag that you fold a certain way to create a pocket at the bottom. Out of the pocket comes a tag where you can write your greeting.

I used a 6 1/2" X 13" bag but the project can be adapted to any size of lunch bag. What you need to remember is to put your treats in before you actually punch the holes for closure.

Here's how I closed it. I thought to put the bow in the back so as not to have it compete with the bow on the hat in the front.

I'm working on a video tutorial that I'll post over the weekend, here on Card à la Carte. So stay tuned for that!

Have a nice stampin' day! CeeCee

2 comments:

Sophie said...

She's so sweet! I'm doing this with the kids tomorrow afternoon. Should be fun!
Sophie

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! I can't wait to watch your tutorial. Thanks a lot :-)