Friday, March 12, 2010

Sparkly Fun Friday -- Bird-candy

Sparkly Fun Fridays features a sparkly or glittery project using shimmer paints, embossing powders, glitters, rhinestones... anything shiny to welcome the weekend in a fun way!!!
Hi everyone,

Today's card looks quite clean and simple, punched hearts in homemade glittery paper (Cardstock+versamark+ heat and stick powder+heat+superfine cosmos glitter+heat=wonderfully homemade sparkling paper)...
But when you take a closer look of the side ...hummmm looks like there's more to it...
Be careful with your eyes, you should really wear some sunglasses...
You're ready ???
Tadam!! It's a Sparkly bird card-candy matchbook.


Here's the directions for the matchbook : 12 X 4 score @ 5 1/4", 5 1/2" and 11", one 5 1/4" X 3 3/4" piece of window sheet, two stamples and you're done...



To secure the matchbook and the clear window sheet in place, I used my stapler, but on the front I did cover the staples with some DSP. I really think I should do the same for the back, and I sure will, I just wanted to keep it exposed so you could see it.
First, I have to confess I stole those big wiggly eyes in my 2 years old arts and craft box... mine were too small...thanks Willy.
All those bird were made from punches, circles 1 3/4", , 1" and 3/4" and large and small oval for the bodies. Heart to heart punch for the beaks, snoflake for the legs and the new extra large two step bird punch from the mini for wings and branch.
I attached the birds to the clear window sheet with one glue dot each, so that the recipient of the card-candy can just use them on any project right away. Next time, instead of a window sheet I might try to cover some cs with wax paper because even though window sheet looks prettier the glue dots are really sticking to it...


Have a nice stampin' day
Gen

7 comments:

CeeCee said...

Wowwwwiewow-wow! You are truly a genius!!!
Moi, j'en veux un 'tit carton de bonbons!!!!
Gen, cé vraiment trop beau. Bravo!
CeeCee

Marie-Précieuse said...

Non!! J'en r'viens juste pas. C'est juste écoeurant. Y'a pas d'autre mot! Pis j't'ai pas prise au sérieux avec les lunettes de soleil et me voilà à demi aveugle!! Moi aussi j'en veux un ti carton de bonbons!!!!!!!!! :D bonne fin de semaine à vous deux, mes scrappeuses préférées!!

Sophie said...

Ils sont génial tes petits oiseaux! On aime ça le "glitter" nous autres!
J'aime beaucoup l'idée de la carte. Bravo!
SophieThé

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! What a formidable gift idea for a person who loves to make cards or scrapbook! I love the birds. How original! Seriously, you rock my world Gen!

Anonymous said...

Just GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. :)
Sheri L

Julie Mantha said...

OHH WOWWW!!!!!
Trop cute !! j'en veux moi aussi :0)

Cindy Major said...

Mais quelle idée géniale!!! Et super ûber mignon!! J'adore tes ti zozios! Tu ne cessera jamais de m'épater avec tes bonnes idées :D

Merci de les partager!
Cindy