Monday, March 22, 2010

Quickie Mini Monday -- Sweet Pea Style

Quickie Mini Mondays feature a 10 minute-or-less project -- something fast, fun and easy to reproduce and mass produce.


Hi everyone,

This is a pocket card and although it looks as if it would take longer than a regular card to make, it really doesn't!

It's basically a piece of Old Olive CS that I cut down in half to make 2 pieces of 4 1/4" X 11" (to make 2 at a time and mass produce!). When assembled, you'll end up with 2 pockets of 3 1/4" X 5 1/2". If there is enough demand for it, I'll whip up a quick tutorial on how to create the pocket, but it's nothing new to many of you. Since the DSP I've chosen is quite decorative, there's no need for much embellishing or stamping and that's what makes it a quick project. I've only added a piece of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and knotted it.

The insert is a piece of Old Olive CS matted with Pink Pirouette CS where I've stamped "Happy Birthday" from the Well Scripted stamp set. The only embellishment on the insert is a felt flower and leaves from the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt Kit, adhered with Mini Glue Dots to a Sahara Sand circle that I've punched out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.

The opening of the pocket was created also with the 1 3/8" Circle punch.

To show you the difference between a 10-minute project and a "tripped up" version, I created a 2nd pocket card but added a bow as opposed to a knot to my ribbon, some Crystal Effects in the center of the flowers and ink around the edges of the DSP.

I've also dressed up the insert with 2 layers of flowers on the pull and a tiny felt one below the title.
There's also a brad from the Sending Love Epoxy Brads kit and ink around the edges of the Pink Pirouette CS.

I think it's fun to receive a card with a different format, especially when the envelope is as fun as the inside!

Have a nice stampin' day!
CeeCee

3 comments:

DebbieD said...

Very Cute card. I would love to know how you made the pocket. Thanks for sharing.

Genevieve said...

Wow c'est vraiment une bonne idée, je pense rarement à faire des cartes avec pochette comme ça, vive le changement...

bravo superbe projet comme toujours.

gen xxx

Anonymous said...

Very original format! I would really like to know how you made the pocket!
Thanks so much for this idea :-)