Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sweet Treat Thursdays -- Decorated Chewing Gum Container

Sweet Treat Thursdays are all about food -- our other favorite topic -- and features ways to embellish/wrap/present something edible. CAUTION: May be hazardous to your waistline!


Hi everyone,

I like pretty things. I don't like it when things I reach out for often are note matching my "decor". Since I've sworn off mint candies because of an addiction to them, I started chewing gum... a lot of gum. So I buy it by the container:


But come on! How ugly is this?! Don't like it at all. I always stripped all the plastic wrapping but it was still ugly, so I hid the container behind my television. But I'm on a kick these days to pretty up my work area; after all this is where I spend most of my time. So this idea came to me:


I dressed up my ugly plastic gum container! Too much, you say?! Hardly! It's re-usable; I just fill it up with more gum when they're all gone. And it matches my little notebook so they both sit right in front of my computer!


The only secret here is not to obstruct the opening of the container. So I made a little slit in the ribbon in front of the flap and the DSP circle on the top is adhered only in the middle (with my glue gun) AND with a mini glue dot over the flap. I mixed white and pink felt for the flower and added a strip of white felt all around the container.

That way, the trap is free to open and out comes the gum!


Yeah, I'm kinda crazy but I love myself that way -- hehehehe! I like matchy-matchy pretty things.

Have a nice stampin' day! CeeCee

2 comments:

Julie Mantha said...

WOOWW !! vraiment très beau !!

Roxane Desjardins said...

Well, we like your matchy matchy pretty things!!!
Beau travail comme toujours les filles! A chaque fois que je visite votre/vos blog/s, je suis inspiree!