Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Two 4 Tuesday: happy birthday or merry christmas?

Two for Tuesday features 2 projects that are similar in either color, theme, layout or embellishment but... with a different twist!




Hi everyone,

Sometimes I feel like I'm repeating myself but I can't help it... I love Stampin' Up!'s Quick Accents. They coordinate with the DSP's, they're self-adhesive and all gorgeous!

So I decided to keep my stamping to a minimum today and using the Celebrations Quick Accents was one way of doing it. And I've used the coordinating Celebrations DSP to show you that you can actually make a Christmas card with a paper that was not initially intended for that. Let's look at my 2 cards:
 They both use pretty much the same supplies and same layout but one is a Christmas card:
 and the other one is a Birthday card:
 Cool, huh?!

It's all in the details, my friends. Here I've used a different sentiment, a flower self-adhesive die-cut from the Quick Accents and a button with metallic thread.

 Replace the flower with a christmas ornament and add a bit of glitter and a different sentiment and you've yourself a Christmas card!
 
(all from Stampin' Up! except where indicated otherwise)
Stamp Set: Fêtes diverses (English version of All Holidays), Tags til Chrismas, Many Merry Messages
Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Pacific Point
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Celebrations DSP & Quick Accents
Punches: Scallop Border, Ornament, Corner Chomper (non-SU)
Ribbon: Silver Elastic Cord (retired)
Other: Neutrals Designer Button in Whisper White,  Basic Rhinestones Jewel,  Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Uni-ball White Gel Pen, Silver Glass Glitter

To order any of these supplies, click here.

Have nice stampin' day !!

No comments: