Monday, August 23, 2010

Quickie Mini Monday -- Magnetic Owl Bookmark

Quickie Mini Mondays feature a 10 minute-or-less project -- something fast, fun and easy to reproduce and mass produce.

Hi everyone,

Today's Quickie Mini IS a quickie mini... mini-mini :-) I needed a new bookmark after having dropped my favorite one in the bathtub (yeah, I read there). So I figured if the bookmark were magnetic, there would be no danger of it falling in the water!



Stampin' Up!'s Magnetic Sheets are perfect for that. Aaaaaand.... you can cut through them with your Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine! I used the Two Tags Die to cut through the magnetic sheet, cardstock and DSP.  I stamped the little owl from the Aviary stamp set in Pacific Point, punched it out and matted it with 2 different sizes of circle. I added some Crystal Effects over the eyes.



After I cut out all my pieces, I folded the cardstock and DSP in half.  As for the magnetic tag, I cut it in half because folding it would not have worked. I made sure I cut shorter to allow the cardstock to fold nicely. I love how easy it was to line everything up because it was cut from the same die.



The little ribbon makes it easy to find the bookmark in your book. Easy-peasy project!



Have a nice stampin' day! CeeCee


Stamp Set: Aviary (#120462)

Inks: Pacific Point Classic (#111837)

Cardstock: Bashful Blue (#105120), Real Red (#102482), Pear Pizzazz (#119715), Whisper White (#100730), Celebrations DSP (#117164)

Punches: 1" Circle Medium (#119868), 1-1/4" Circle Large (#119861), 1-3/8" Circle Large (#119860), Two Tags Bigz Die (#115954)

Ribbon: 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain (#109034)

Other: Magnet Sheet (#119816), Crystal Effects (#101055), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), SNAIL Adhesive (#104332),  Mini Glue Dots (#103683), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439)

To order any of these supplies, click here.

4 comments:

ach! said...

Absolutely lovely! And so practical :)

Stephanie Pezolet said...

These will make great teacher gift at school! Thanks a bunch for sharing :D

Sylvia from Minnesota said...

What a great idea! Do magnet sheets cut in Big Shot?

Cindy Major said...

Mais c'est donc bien une bonne idée, ça!! Et adorable en plus!! Tu viens de m'inspirer, là...

Cindy :)