Thursday, January 6, 2011

Meet Betsy Woods :-)



Hi everyone,

Oh, I couldn't wait to show what I've tried ... early this morning! I made a card out of WOOD!!!!!! And it's easy as pie. All you need are the Texture Cuts Wood Sheets from Stampin' Up! You can cut them with a paper trimmer and stamp directly on them. 





So I cut 2 pieces of 4-1/4" X 5-1/2" and bound them with a piece of book binding tape, leaving a little gap in between the pieces so that the card opens and close properly. And bonus: the wood has a white paper backing so you can write inside!

 
It took me not time to stamp Betsy ( a stamp from Penny Black... not the real name of the stamp -- I just nicknamed her ) and color her with Copic markers and prismacolor pencils. I kept it really basic as I didn't have a lot of time to make this project plus it's really late into the evening, early into the morning. Oooooh, I can see a whole bunch of possibilities with this! I wonder if I could emboss on wood....?!  Hmm...... 


Have a nice stampin' day !!!

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Fun card! Looks like you had a good time creating it.
Sophie