Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Whatever Challenge Wednesday - Autumn Splendor Meets CTD 112

Whatever Challenge Wednesdays features a challenge from the blogosphere, chosen randomly.

NOTE TO OUR NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS: We're temporarily switching our Quick Tip of the Week Newsletters to bring you 12 weeks of special newsletters. That's right, starting tomorrow and for the next 12 Thursdays Card à la Card will be delivering to your mailbox a special newsletter to help you organize your Christmas projects so that you too can enjoy this holiday season without running yourself to the ground. Some will be tips and techniques, some will even be full tutorials and this absolutely free to all our newsletter subscribers! So if you're not already on our mailing list, please make sure you register by typing your email address in the sign-up box of the sidebar. If you are... tell your friends about it!

Hi everyone,

We're playing along with the Color Throwdown #112 for our challenge today -- these are the colors i had to use for my project:
Those colors reminded me of fall so it was instinct that had me pull Stampin' Up!'s Autumn Splendor from my stamp stash.  I think it's perfect for a Thanksgiving card (in Canada, it is celebrated next Monday!).


 
On a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, I started by stamping the leaves with Whisper White Craft Ink randomly and then embossing with white embossing powder. That provided me with a nice canvas to use the colors I needed to use. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and the acorns are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I used my blender pen and Classic Inks in Old Olive, Riding Hood Red and Pumpkin Pie to color in the leaves and do a bit of shading around the leaves.  And because the lines are embossed, it was so easy to color in without having to worry about going over the lines. Plus, I love the effect!

Have nice stampin' day !

5 comments:

Eveline said...

Great card. I really like the way you colored the leaves.
Eveline.

Trina said...

The leaves on this card are stunning!

Lisa Brown said...

Gorgeous!

Sophie said...

The colours look stunning this way. Very nice card.
Sophie

Megan McDonald said...

Love your card. I just found your blog and I love it. I have just made the kids watch a DVD so I could spend a hour going though the past pages.
thank you
megan