Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sweet Treat Thursday -- Birthday Bliss Candies

Sweet Treat Thursdays are all about food -- our other favorite topic -- and features ways to embellish/wrap/present something edible. CAUTION: May be hazardous to your waistline!


Hi everyone,

When you're entertaining at home, you want to make sure everything shines and looks its best, right down to the food you're serving. That's exactly what's happening here at my house at the moment and that inspired today's project:

I always like to have candies on hand when people come over. It's my "thang", my trademark. My people know that I love candies and chocolate and I always have a good supply of those, like... Skittles for instance. They're yummy, no doubt. BUT wouldn't they be yummier presented in that fashion, all layered in a cute little jar with a decorated spoon to scoop them up with?!


Or, wouldn't it be something fun to accompany a birthday gift? I know I would love that!!!



I used Stampin' Up!'s brand new Simply Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon to tie a birthday wish (from the Birthday Bliss Stamp Set) stamped in Simply Black and Pear Pizzazz using the markers. The tag is punched with the Wide Oval Punch.


The spoon is embellished by a few flowers from the Petal Pizzazz Stamp Set, and a bit of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter in the center adhered with a Mini Glue Dot.

I think those Skittles look even more tempting when presented that way. It's all about the looks, baby!


Have a nice stampin' day! CeeCee

2 comments:

Marie-Précieuse said...

fallait y penser! C'est super cute et ca a l'air bon!!! Un autre beau combo de couleurs! Comme toujours je dirais. :)

Stephanie Pezolet said...

Looks delicious! Fab presentation :D