Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Whatever Challenge Wednesday -- Tropical TSSC #129

Whatever Challenge Wednesdays features a challenge from the blogosphere, chosen randomly.
Here's our pick for this week:

Hi everyone,



Today I played along with the Tecnostamper Sketch Challenge # 129:

Here's my tropical version:



Since I had so much fun making a trio last monday, I did it again (also because I just couldn't make up my mind on the stamp !!).



Here a tip on how I saved time!! Since there was a lot of little stripes to glue, I kept them 12" and made a dummy (white CS same size I wanted the finished height:




Ran the dummy in my Xyron in order to have some adhesive everywhere and just stuck the strips of DSP on the dummy, I even added my scalloped border to it.




Then I just had to cut to the desired width!! TADA 3 cards in 1!!



Here's some close-ups of the different models:






SU! DSP is Island Oasis along with the gorgeous Tropical Party Stamp set.

Have a nice Stampin' day!!


Gen

3 comments:

Eveline said...

Lovely tropical cards.
Eveline.

CherylAnn Robinson said...

This is the best. Anything tropical is great! I love that stamp set and paper. You did a wonderful job.

MJ said...

Wow, love this. I so love the bright colors and fun stamps in this set and papers. What a fabulous take on the sketch. Sorry to be so late in commenting, I was camping all week! Thanks so much for playing along.