Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Two 4 Tuesday -- Color Throwdown Challenge #99

Two for Tuesday features 2 projects that are similar in either color, theme, layout or embellishment but... with a different twist!



Hi everyone,

I was in need of a bit of inspiration today, so I searched the blogland for some challenge. I came upon this one from Color Throwdown #99:

Can I handle this? Can "I" handle this?!!!.... yeah, well I couldn't do it without interjecting a bit of Old Olive in there because it's my go-to color but I've used Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip and Tempting Turquoise from Stampin' Up! as my main colors. And since it's Two 4 Tuesday, I made 2 cards using the same color scheme but colors and layout are sort of reversed.


The 2 pieces of patterned paper you see here were made by sponging Tempting Turquoise and Chocolate Chip Classic inks over the Presto Specialty DSP. I love it! Every single piece of paper in that pack is so classy.


I've seen these ribbon flowers all over the internet and if you do a search on YouTube, you can find a few tutorials on that technique -- all of them varying their method. But here's what I did. I cut a circle out of the Sticky Pages, put some Dotto Repositionable Adhesive to the back of it and laid the piece down on my working surface. Then I removed the top layer of the Sticky circle and started winding my Satin Ribbon while twisting it.

I love, love, love the look! Plus, it's so easy to do! The leaves are also out of Satin Ribbon and the centers are pearls and half-back pearls from the newly retired Pretties Kit by Stampin' Up!

Have nice stampin' day! CeeCee

2 comments:

Stéphanie Pézolet said...

The flowers are beautiful CeeCee! I love the cards too :D

Steph Zerbe said...

Gorgeous!!!!!! Brilliant!
I can't wait to check out the rest of your blog!