Monday, May 9, 2011

father's day card


Hi everyone,

Soon, it will be time to think about Father's Day cards so I thought I'd show you my first one of the year.


This card was greatly inspired by one of Debbie Olson's who is one of my favorite card maker.


The background is a piece of Not Quite Navy CS from Stampin' Up! on which I stamped a ledger stamp from Tim Holtz. To add more dimension, I clear embossed the "original" stamp on the background which also ties in with the one stamped in Cajun Craze.


The circle arrow is a Tim Holtz Grunge Embossed Element that I stained with Cajun Craze then heat embossed with clear EP. The letters are from a retired alpha stamp set from Stampin' Up!, stamped in Not Quite Navy over More Mustard CS. I've also added a bit of texture to the letter with a Club Stamp stamp. To tie everything in, I added the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes on Very Vanilla CS.

Have a nice stampin' day !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card, CeeCee! I love everything about it - the background, the embossed image, the DAD in blocks...I could go on and on. Any father would love this! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!