Monday, November 29, 2010

Quickie Mini "Cyber" Monday -- Deer Friends

Quickie Mini Mondays feature a 10 minute-or-less project -- something fast, fun and easy to reproduce and mass produce.










Hi everyone,

Before I dive into today's project, I'd like to remind everyone that you still have until 11:59 p.m. tonight to take advantage of our store discounts. You can buy our tutorials for reduced prices, ranging from 15% to 50% !!! So don't wait and go to our store here.

Alright, so on to today's card. It's funny now that I'm looking at it, the card is almost entirely made with Stampin' Up!'s retired products! From the stamp sets to the DSP, even the ribbon! And it always makes me feel good to use up my stash of goodies. Oh, plus I totally CASEd Gen !!!

There are just 3 differences from her original designs: I lowered the ribbon to go underneath the circle, as opposed to over the reindeer, I added faux stitching in the circle and I used a larger card base. Actually, I didn't even have to emboss the reindeer from the retired Deer Friends stamp set -- I found it in my leftover stash as well! It was almost as if everything was falling into my hands by magic.


The nose is a bunch of tiny red micro beads over a Mini Glue Dots. Gotta love that! All in all, this card is really simple to pull off. So give your retired stash a look-see today and create!

Have a nice stampin' day !!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

So cute! Love the micro beads!