Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome to the World, Baby!


Hi everyone,

You know sometimes you make a card and you're somewhat happy with it but there's a little something that keeps bothering you and you're not totally satisfied with it? This is the story of that card. I was really happy with the focal image -- a montage of stamped items. I was also quite happy with the coloring but the rest of the card was puzzling me. It didn't feel balanced. Nevertheless, I posted it a few months ago and put it aside.

And then I get a request for a baby card. So I took a look at it again and decided to recycle it and I'm much happier now! The stamp set used is Stampin' Up!'s Baby Bundle.


I like the white space created by taking off the top part of the card. The eyes really fall on the baby pram now. And yes, there is a blurred part on the oval tag...


... to protect the full name of the baby. But I really like the idea of putting the baby's full name on the front of the card, as requested by my client.


And staying true to my recent decision, I decorated the inside of the card -- actually it's part of the accent that was on the front! I use and amazing liquid called Un-du to remove anything I want to unglue and this stuff is amazing. It doesn't leave any residue nor discolor the paper. It's also safe for pictures! I get it from my LSS but I'm sure you can find it online as well.

Have a nice stampin' day !!!

No comments: