Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Tea Time!


Hi everyone,

It was on Saturday here in Montreal and I was inspired to make something that would keep me warm. When I saw this project created by Sophia Landry, I knew I had to try and make one for myself (although  I had to tweak the measurements to accommodate my brand of tea bags).


I love the color combination of the the Nook & Pantry paper from Basic Grey and it will fit perfectly with the color scheme in my kitchen (see how it matched one of my teapots in the back?!). The CS I used for the base of my dispenser is Wild Wasabi... again a perfect match for the DSP.


The focal image is from a PapertreyInk stamp set Tea for Two. I stamped it with Memento's Rich Cocoa ink on Stampin' Up!'s Naturals White CS and cut around it. The retired Crushed Curry ribbon from Stampin' Up! is an exact match with the yellow in the DSP.


The design resembles some of the tea boxes you can buy at any store and the wide opening at the bottom makes it easy to refill. I love it! -- Thanks Sophia!


I decided to make my own embellishment for the top out of lace ribbon I got at my local dollar store. I ran a stitch along the top of the ribbon and gathered the ends to make a multi-tiered ruffle. 



I added beads in the center and some leaves out of Wild Wasabi CS. To add some dimension to my leaves, I scored down the middle of each with a bone folder. 

Have a nice stampin' day !!!


2 comments:

Sophie said...

It looks great! I love the vintage feel of the colours and the flower on top.
Sophie

Anonymous said...

This is a very cool project and I am wondering if you will be providing the directions as a kit? I would love to make this for my sister the "Tea Drinker."

Becky