Tuesday, February 1, 2011

pearly dots and glass beads


Hi everyone,

I really do like intricate work; it seems to relax me. This is certainly true about the work I did on today's card. It's a birthday card with a hidden message inside the little beaded envelope. It all started with a big roll of Scor-tape I bought last year. The roll is 4-1/2" large and contains about 50 feet of sturdy adhesive.


I first layered a piece of DSP with the Scor-tape then ran the whole piece through my Big Shot with the Scallop Tag die. Then I exposed the other side of the Scor-Tape and dropped a whole bunch of clear glass beads all over. The last things was to fold in three to create an envelope.


Inside the envelope is a the 2nd part of the quote from Stampin' Up!'s new Create a Cupcake stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalogue. The beaded envelope is held together by a piece of ribbon wrapped around the front around a corduroy brad. Very simple.


I bought a bottle of Liquid Pearls in Cantaloupe. I love their newest colors and they seemed to have changed the formula. It is more dimensional that its previous batch. I used it all around the card and inside the circle. I love the effect and the color -- it's not too orange and picks up pumpkin pie and regal rose perfectly.


Inside, I used remnants from the tag, beaded them and put the two strips at the bottom and top of the white mat.


Here's a picture of the roll of Scor-tape I bought.



Have a nice stampin' day !!!

2 comments:

Stephanie Pezolet said...

Superb card CeeCee! Very original :D

Sophie said...

It's bead-alicious! ;-)
I love the little envelop on the front. Interactive cards are fun!
Sophie