Monday, April 18, 2011

congrats on your new home




Hi everyone,

I was invited to an open house party over the weekend. My friend Michelle moved into a new house and she was having a little get-together to celebrate. With me I brought: the husband, a mexican dip, a few bottles of Smirnoff Ice and a handmade card!


This card is mega huge! I used my Cricut Expression and the Mickey and Friends cartridge to cut the house. All the cuts were made at 8-1/2" in a variety of cardstock and dsp, as you can see. Since I'm still relatively new to the Cricut world, it took me a while to figure what function keys to use and what paper to choose. The paper piecing was a bit time consuming but so worth it. The reason for so much pink? Michelle is a HUGE FAN OF PINK AND GLITTER! Even her wedding gown was pink -- ya gotta love her girl like that!

Michelle is also a customer of mine and hired me to do a custom scrapbook of their pictures of Montreal (they are ex-pat's from the UK).  So I made a pocket for a gift certificate inside the card. That was a lot of fun to make.

Have a nice stampin' day !!!

1 comment:

Marie-Précieuse said...

hon, c'est donc bien beau ca!! :)